“A word after a word after a word is power.” – Margaret Atwood
With me, your words and ideas are in expert hands.
- I’ve written and edited for a wide spectrum of clients, including novelists and memoirists, businesses and nonprofits, academic colleagues and students. I can tackle just about any type of writing or editing project.
- I have nearly 20 years of experience teaching college and high school composition, professional writing, and literature. I know how to get the best writing out of others.
- I’m super skilled at summarizing and conveying complex ideas in clear, concise ways. I can make big ideas fit into small spaces without losing their essence or impact.
- I’m a relentless rewriter, working and reworking words and phrases until they’re as just right. After all, “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug” (Mark Twain).
- I’ve authored more than a dozen reading, writing and study guides, including Write Better Essays in Just 20 Minutes a Day (2000), Improve Your Writing for Work (2000), and Grammar Source: The Smarter Way to Learn Grammar (2006). I know the tricks, techniques, and rules inside and out.